Creating a Culture of Collaboration at George Washington University (C3@GWU): University Seminar Think Tanks and Aims
Lotrecchiano G, Cleary S, McDonald PL, Storberg-Walker J, Watkins R. Creating a Culture of Collaboration at George Washington University (C3@GWU): University Seminar Think Tanks and Aims. Oral presentation at 2017 SciTS Conference. Clearwater Beach, FL. Jun 13, 2017. Translational Health Research. Online at: http://www.scienceofteamscience.org/2017-agenda.
Creating a Culture of Collaboration at George
Washington University (C3@GWU) is a University
Seminar that convenes a cross-disciplinary community
of expert faculty interested in issues related to scientific
collaboration and connects them with regional and
national partners and experts to explore and address
topics that foster collaborative science. C3@GWU
knowledge communities (“think tanks”) represent
GWU, regional institutes, and federal government
stakeholders. C3@GWU will generate short and long
term agendas and discussions that emphasize the
mechanisms of scientific collaboration at GW about:
• Developing and educating team scientists
• Measuring team effectiveness
• Technologies for collaboration and scholarship
• Required organizational supports for team science
• Faculty reward and recognition for collaborative
• Issues related to crossing cultural, ethnic, and
gender boundaries in science.
C3@GWU Seminar Objectives:
1. Assemble knowledge communities (“think tanks”) of
key contributors and stakeholders from throughout and
beyond GWU to foster cross-disciplinary discourse and
generate agendas for action in creating a collaborative
culture at GWU.
2. Explore key topical areas critical to scientific collaboration within and beyond the GWU scholarly
3. Examine critical areas of academic and organizational
collaborative functioning that will strengthen a
growing culture of collaboration at GWU.
4. Propose collaborative and team protocols, policies,
and activities to university leadership and decisionmakers
responsible for empowering GWU collaborative
5. Disseminate key products and create knowledgesharing
events that will enhance collaborative activity
at the GW department, school, and university levels.
Type of Publication:
scits 2017 conference, presentation, GWU, culture, collaboration, think tank
Addresses these goal(s):
- Enhance team performance, interactions, and attitudes
- Provide institutional support for team science
- Conduct research on/evaluate team science
Resource created by Jane Hwang on 10/3/2017 5:45:18 PM.